Using a somatic trauma therapy lens, we will explore the way trauma travels across generations and how healing can travel across generations, as well. We shall look at how intergenerational trauma can impact mental, emotional, spiritual and physical dimensions across multi generations.
Our goal is that this workshop will be both an informative and hopeful discussion of the intergenerational impacts and healing of trauma.
- Are you a professional in the helping fields who’s interested in a more effectively addressing your clients’ stress and trauma symptoms?
- Would you like a gentle and highly effective psycho-biological approach to preventing and resolving trauma and stress-related conditions?
- Would you like to understand the science behind Somatic Experiencing® (SE®) and how it can help your clients recover?
PDF of Dea’s PowerPoint Presentation:
About the Presenter:
Dea Parsanishi, Med, CCC, SEP, SE Trauma Institute faculty member, Dea Parsanishi, has been working with traumatized children, youth and adults for over 20 years. She lives in a small culturally diverse community on the west coast of Vancouver Island, where she practices SE® with a particular focus on early developmental trauma and attachment. Dea’s SE® practice has been profoundly affected by her work with local First Nations communities and healers, and by their natural and ancient relationship to the underlying principles of SE®. Their ability to heal within this container of culture and community reinforces her belief in SE® and the power of our innate, organic intelligence. Dea brings this awareness of culture, family, human development and attachment to her teaching, bridging theory to practice.
.Link to Dea Parsanishi Profile
Are you interested in learning more about Somatic Experiencing® at an in-person workshop?
- Download this year’s 2017 training poster to read about upcoming opportunities.
- PDF of Power Point Presentation- SE Intro Webinar (this is not available anymore)
- Somatic Experiencing® Training Website
- Link to pdf introduction copy of the book by Dr. Levine – ‘Waking The Tiger‘
YouTube Video with Dr. Levine, Ray’s Story:
(A veteran with PTSD goes through therapy)
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.