During this session, Saahiilthit (Gerry) Oleman and Aaron Nelson-Moody/Tawx’sin Yexwulla will sit in circle to discuss what healthy masculinity means to them as Indigenous men. Topics include:
- What does healthy masculinity look like? How does that impact our communities and loved ones?
- Myths and stereotypes around Indigenous masculinity and reflections on the unique experiences of the speakers.
- Discuss traditional practices concerning the way in which men connect with one another and how we can modernize those practices for our contemporary society.
- Dissect how modern patriarchal colonial society is a constant invitation to our men to give up our traditional ways, for some temporary feeling of power in our lives.
- Communicate how we can promote taking on the role of a loving uncle or older brother to younger men, and thereby participating in a healing process for all men
Thank you for everyone’s interest and participation,
this session’s Video is now available for viewing!
- Had a question during Indigenous Masculinity that we missed? Gerry’s Followup questions PART 1
- Gerry’s Followup questions PART 2
- Gerry’s Podcast – Teachings in the air
- Brene Brown – The Power of Vulnerability
About the Presenter: