UBC Learning Circle webinars feature presentations, discussions, lectures, and workshops that are transmitted over the web, while inviting participants to communicate with presenters.
All that is required to attend our sessions by webinar is a computer with an internet connection and speakers. The UBC Learning Circle recently underwent changed webinar platforms from Adobe Connect to Cisco WebEx, which allows for up to 500 people to participate!
This page is here to help you easily make the transition and troubleshoot a couple of common problems.
- Each webinar session has a page on the UBC Learning Circle website, describing the event and inviting you to register. Go to the page you are interested in registering for, and click the “register for webinar” button.
- A registration page will open on the WebEx platform. Under “event status”, click the “register” button.
- Please provide your first name, last name and email address and press “submit” to complete your registration.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration status.
Before the session:
- A day or two before your chosen session, you will receive a confirmation email with a link for the WebEx session. DO NOT delete this email as you will need it to join the session.
- Before you can join a session, you will be required to download free software from WebEx. Please follow the prompts to download the software.
- For the best experience, please use the latest version of Chrome, Safari or Firefox browser.
- Furthermore, frequent viewers using the latest version of Chrome can download the WebEx plug-in directly from the Chrome Web Store.
- When you are ready to join the session, go to your confirmation email and click on the link for the WebEx session. You will be asked to provide your first name, last name and email address. Click “Join Now.”
Search for your question or problem below.
If you are looking for a specific article, you may also search by article ID.
- “unable to login to host account”
- “billing questions”
- “scheduling a meeting”
Enjoy your Learning Circle Webinar!
WebEx software won’t download/load session. Check your internet connection as WebEx requires about 30 mbs for optimum performance. If you anticipate you will have a slow connection, try downloading the software roughly 30 minutes before the start of the session. Furthermore, some public/work computers will not allow you to download or run software without special permission, contact your IT department for assistance.
No sound. Check to ensure your speakers are plugged in, turned on, volume is up and there are no other devices plugged in (i.e. headphones). The speaker icon on the upper left of your screen should be active.
Choppy sound/video. If you have a slower internet connection, this will affect sound and video quality. Try re-downloading the WebEx program and entering the session again. You may have to potentially re-start your browser or computer if the problem persists.
Display too small. Click on the “full screen” icon to enlarge the presentation.