The UBC Learning Circle welcomes back Program Nutritionist Suzanne Johnson from the First Nations Health Authority .
Suzanne Johnson is joining us for a special Youth Circle aimed towards youth living in their communities and beyond. Suzanne will be hosting an interactive and engaging discussion of youth and nutrition.
This session will include aspects on how youth are targeted differently in advertising, how certain additives to food are put in food to become addictive, and also how youth can make healthy choices.Everything that you put in to your body, becomes you, so how food is selected and what you choose are important factors in your personal wellbeing and success in life.
- How Healthy eating impacts your mental/emotional wellbeing
- How to make healthy choices on the go
- How media and advertising for food targets youth (critical thinking skills)
- How food industry puts additives in food to make processed food addictive
- You are what you eat: How food becomes your body, impacts how you think and how you feel
- Careers in Food & Nutrition
All are welcome to attend and participate in this FREE live videoconference and computer webinar session.
Time: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Participate live via videoconference OR computer webinar. Want to know the difference between videoconference and computer webinar? Click here to find out.
Registration: Click here to register. Pre-registration is required to attend this free live event.